AmEx: New Sign Up Bonus for Gold and Platinum Cards
Resy is doing a partnership with AmEx where for a limited time, there are new sign up bonuses for both the Gold and the Platinum card.
Link to Offer.
For the Gold:
- 60,000 points signup bonus when spending $4,000 within 6 months.
- 20% back, up to $250, at restaurants within the first 12 months as statement credit.
For the Platinum:
- 75,000 points signup bonus when spending $5,000 within 6 months.
- 20% back, up to $300, at restaurants worldwide within the first 12 months as statement credit.
- 10x Membership Rewards points, up to $15,000, on grocery and gas purchases within the first 6 months.
If you don’t already have either of these cards, these are not bad offers.
For the Gold, the 60k sign up bonus on about par for what they typically offer but the extra 20% cash back at restaurants is a nice bonus. Additionally 6 months to hit that bonus compare to the regular 3 you’d normally see for offers like this is a great deal.
For the Platinum, unless you really value the extra 10x points for grocery and gas, I’d actually would personally wait till they bring around their higher sign up bonus. I usually would value a 100k+ sign up offer more but that’s just me.